This week's self care series focuses on healthy eating. Thank you to Melanie Grime, RHN for this great recipe!
4 Servings – 20 minutes
4 cups broccoli (chopped into florets)
¼ cup red onion (finely sliced)
¼ cup dried unsweetened cranberries
2 Tbsp pumpkin seeds
4 slices organic bacon (chopped)
½ cup mayonnaise
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp raw honey
¼ tsp each sea salt & black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and drop in your broccoli florets. Cover with a lid and boil for 2-3 minutes, or just until slightly tender. Strain and run under cold water.
- Roughly chop the florets into pieces and add them to a large mixing bowl. Add in the red onion, dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds and chopped bacon.
- In a small bowl, add the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, raw honey, salt and pepper. Mix well until fully combined.
- Pour the dressing over the broccoli bowl and stir until well mixed. Let sit in fridge for at least 1 hour before serving.
- No cranberries, add raisins or diced apple instead
- Vegetarian? Leave out the bacon
- Egg free? Use Vegenaise instead of mayonnaise.
Find more from Melanie Grime, RHN: